2/28/2015

The lights have just gone off

On one of the Petronas towers (at least the tiny tip I can see from here).

I know this because, having been captivated by the view of the towers from the remote area I stayed in last night for some reason, I am now obsessed. I wanted to enjoy a drink somewhere I could enjoy the view of the shimmering silvery spires, and the desk clerk here at my new hotel in a hip area offered me the use of the roof if it would do.

We checked it out, and as you can see, the view leaves something to be desired. So after some awesome curry mee

I went on a recon mission to see whether the bar with the reputed best view of the towers was really all it's cracked up to be.

It's not.

Not only is it (on Saturday night, anyway) an oontz oontz dance club, but the view is way too close.

So instead, I am up here on the roof.


Not at the fancy dance club, not down at the street party. Just up here in the blossoming rain gazing out at laundry and roof trees and the lights of one tower.

No comments: