1/31/2014

Alla fine, siamo tutti camerieri*

So, yeah. Go. Now I'm getting all bossy on you, but you'll thank me later.

Though I was alone, they did not seat me near the washrooms, or in the basement, but by the front door, right beside the deli counter (swoon).



My waiter only replied to me in Italian. They offered burrata four different ways. Had a menu page devoted to the winter truffle. Here's my burrata, along with some mozzerella, just for kicks.
 
But maybe my favourite part? The staff dashing through the rain to pick up fresh breads from their bakery location right up the street (the yellow sign that says FORNO).


Also, the umbrella guessing game everyone is playing when they leave. (See umbrellas, left.)

Also, that broccoli is used as a generic category of vegetables (the baked broccoli is actually broccoli, cauliflower, and broccoli romanesco). (Although, to be fair, this is the case for bitter greens in many places.)



* My translation: In the end, we are all waiters. On a tshirt at Roscioli.

No comments: